HOSPITAL BAG CHECKLIST SINGAPORE MUM-TO-BE
I would recommend all mothers-to-be to pack your hospital bag 1.5 months prior to your due date and here’s why!
About 3 years ago, I delivered to my daughter who is about 4 weeks prior to my due date. My water bag broke in the middle of the night and yeah! I have to grab my hospital bag and rush to the hospital. Perhaps I was a little paranoid after watching I didn’t know I was pregnant from discovery health channel. Though I know I am pregnant but anything can happen and it may happen anytime, and I don’t wish to face the panicked and worrying on the day of my delivery.
I’m glad I did my advanced hospital bag packing and so please pack your hospital bag in advanced.
If you have no idea what to pack for your hospital bag, here’s a hospital bag checklist I have compiled for mummy who is delivering in Singapore.
Essential Documents to Bring
- Letter from your gynae
- Hospital admission form
- NRIC card- Husband and Wife
- Original Marriage Certification (so you can register your baby’s name at the hospital, otherwise you can do it at ICA within 42 days)
- If any- Bring your medical records or drug allergies lists in case of emergency.
Mummy Hospital Bag Checklist
- Maternity pads for heavy flow x 6 (At least 30cm long)
- Disposable undies or your old undies x 5
- Toiletries set- Focial form, showel gel, toothpaste, toothbrush and shampoo *Optional
- Cosmetics- If you plan to look good for photo taking
- Lip balm- Your lips will get pretty dry in the air-condition room
- Breast pump
- Nursing bras x 3
- Breast pads x 8
- Nursing robe or pyjamas *Optional
- Small towel
- Big towel if you plan to bath there
- Hair bands or hair ties
- Spectacles if any
- Nursing pillow – This comes handy if you went thru a C-section, otherwise you can skip this.
- Mobile phone and charger
- Plastic bag for keeping your dirty clothing x 3
- A set of clothing for when you discharge from the hospital
Daddy Hospital Bag Checklist
- 2 sets of clothing
- Coins for buying drinks at vending machine
- Water Bottle
- Mobile phone charger
- Camera and charger
- Toiletries set like toothbrush and toothpaste if daddy is staying overnight
Baby Hospital Bag Checklist
- 1 set of 0-3months clothing for going home. Recommend to bring onesie.
- 1 set of mittens and booties
- 1 swaddle blanket
- 1 baby cap
- Wet wipes or Handkerchiefs
- Rear-facing car seat
- Surgical tape to tighten baby’s mitten if it is too loose
Worried that you will forget about this hospital bag checklist Singapore?
Share this in your own Facebook to remind yourself so you can pack your hospital bag nearer to date.